Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Predictive Index ®?
The Predictive Index is a scientifically-based assessment tool that helps organizations understand how people work independently and in teams. The knowledge provided by the Predictive Index provides the “people piece” that your business decisions may have been lacking. It allows you to:
- Know yourself: It is very difficult to motivate and lead others until you understand yourself. It’s very difficult to change someone else’s behavior without first understanding how your own behavior affects them.
- Match people and jobs: Learn what personality is most likely to succeed in each of your jobs. Jobs have personalities just like people. Match them and your hiring success and retention ratios will significantly improve.
- Build and improve teams: When you understand the personalities of team members, you can better understand how to help poorly functioning teams operate in a more productive fashion. You can also create successful teams from scratch to tackle whatever issues you have before you.
- Diagnose and treat organizational dysfunction: By understanding the people in your company and how they are likely to work, you will better understand why you have the problems you do and what can be done to fix them.
How is the Predictive Index® Administered?
The Predictive Index is a simple but powerful assessment that can generally be completed in about 10 minutes. For all its apparent simplicity, however, it is a sophisticated instrument that’s been scientifically validated to be a reliable predictor of work-related behavior. It can be completed online via an email link. It is also available in a traditional paper format.
How can a business benefit from using the Predictive Index®?
The information obtained from the Predictive Index can be applied to improve many areas of business, including:
- Teamwork – A successful business depends on strong overall teams, but getting people to work as a team is a tremendous challenge. The Predictive Index can be used to help put together balanced teams and make sure each player has the skills and training needed to contribute to team success.
- Leadership – In today’s business environment, leaders need to articulate a clear vision and inspire others to follow this course. The Predictive Index can help identify and develop leaders, enhance leadership styles and improve communication.
- Management – The best managers are made, not born. With the Predictive Index, managers are better equipped with the insight they need to communicate with employees to get results.
- Job Satisfaction – Since job satisfaction and customer satisfaction are closely entwined, it is more important than ever to have the right person in the right job. The Predictive Index can help make sure that employee morale and commitment stay high.
- Productivity – Time is money and the company that works most efficiently stands to grow most profitably. With the Predictive Index, managers know more about the way people work and how to maximize productivity.
- Recruitment/Selection – Many candidates, one job. The Predictive Index can help make sure the right decision is made, reducing costly turnover.
- Strategic Planning – Where is the company headed? How will you get there? Who will drive the initiatives? The Predictive Index can show you how to match individual skills and future company needs.
Who should use the Predictive Index®?
Executives and managers are trained by ADVISA to interpret results of the Predictive Index in an executive training workshop conducted by an experienced ADVISA consultant. Participants are taught how to read and analyze the information provided by the Predictive Index to understand and manage their companies more effectively. ADVISA offers continuing support and consultation to business leaders trained in the use of the Predictive Index.
Who should be trained in Predictive Index® and why?
Business owners, CEOs, CFOs, CIOs and other executive managers who have responsibility for business decisions will benefit from using the Predictive Index and understanding the human capital analytics it provides. The lessons the Predictive Index teaches can help solve the “people puzzle” and provide tremendous value in every decision regarding job and organizational design, as well as in the selection, development, coaching, and promoting of individuals. In addition, human resource professionals who work closely with line managers can also benefit greatly from the Predictive Index. Having both line managers and HR professionals “reading from the same page” greatly enhances the effectiveness and productivity of recruitment, selection and development processes.
Does ADVISA offer continuing education credit for the Predictive Index Management Workshop™?
Yes. Continuing education credit is available for the Predictive Index workshops through HRCI, Human Resource Certification Institute.